What are the environmental emergencies in your country?
Africa 21 and the UNEP Africa office are organizing a journalistic competition as part of a special event scheduled for Wednesday, January 27, 2021 online. To apply, you need to participate in the event (attendance list) and produce an original content in French or English, written, audio or video which will be subsequently published in a national media.
In order to assess the proposed work, Africa 21 has assembled a jury composed of personalities from International Geneva, members of Africa 21 and experienced journalists.
Each work will receive a mark out of 30 according to the criteria below. This score will consist of the average score given by all the members of the jury.
- Relevance to the environmental issue = 5 points
- Choice of subject in relation to the theme of the competition = 5 points
- Quality of production (written, audio and video technique) = 5 points
- Diversity of views = 5 points
- Relevance of the data and their use in the article = 5 points
- Accessibility of the article to the general public (ease of reading) = 5 points
The three best candidates will receive an award:
- Winner, 500 CHF
- 1st runner up, 300 CHF
- 2nd runner up, 200 CHF
An online ceremony will be organized where our partners will announce the results.
How to participate
To participate in the competition and the special event, please send us the following information by January 21, 2021 at email@example.com:
- A copy of your press card
- Examples of journalistic work on the environment
- A biography and a photo
- Proposal of an original subject of journalistic work related to the theme of the event
- January 21, 2021: Deadline for submission of work, begining of the jury’s evaluation
- February 4, 2021: Special event on the 2020/2021 green agenda. Results announcement ceremony