Africa 21 organised a side event, monday 25th April, at the 2022 ECOSOC Forum on Financing for Development (25th to 28th April 2022 in New York).
Challenges in times of uncertainty for African and developing nations, for the implementation of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda (AAAA)
and its Follow Up.
In the framework of the decade of action to achieve the SDGs, this webinar addressed 4 key issues:
- The state of play of implementation of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda (AAAA) and Agenda 2030 in Africa, focusing on the impacts of 2008 and 2020 systemic ongoing crisis;
- The need of a 4th Financing for Development International Conference, assessing existing institutional arrangements and the potential scope of a 4th FfD Conference;
- The presentation of options and proposals for advancing SDGs in Africa and
- Momentum of innovation and technological advances.
Moderator: sébastien Jan, Secretary General of Africa 21 France
- Mr. Inocencio Garcia Javier, Expert on FfD, Former Deputy Minister for Development Cooperation at Dominican Republic.
- Mr. Victor Ovalles Santos, Expert on FfD, Former G-77 + China Coordinator on FfD and inter-regional Adviser at UNCTAD
- Ms. Marienne Téné Makoudem, Africa 21 Expert, Research Officer at the Department of Environmental and Economic Studies of the National Education Centre, Ministry of Scientific Research and Innovation in Cameroon.
- Mr. Pierre Champsavoir, Africa 21 Expert, CEO of the consulting firm COREUM and founding partner of the Moroccan laboratory of collaborative economy and social innovation Happy Smala.